Exciting times at Mevagissey Bay Hotel
It is 18 months since we purchased the hotel and a lot has happened in that time. Sadly Nikky our manager who came with the purchase decided to move on last year. I then decided to throw myself in at the deep end and run the hotel myself (John). Elleke has split her time between settling her daughter into school in Holland and helping run the hotel.
We are delighted at the feedback we have been getting and from this we think we are making the changes our guests want.
We have just completed some major and minor pieces of work whilst we have been closed for the month of January. This includes:
- Redecorating all the guest rooms in the new colour scheme that we introduced last year in the lounge and dining room.
- Refurbishing two bathrooms
- Improved sound proofing
- New lounge furniture
- Freshened up the outside with a new coat of paint
- Charging point for electric cars
- Improvements to our waste water system
- USB charging points in all guest rooms
We are delighted to announce that we have finally managed to find the perfect manager for us. Fitz who has many years of managing similar size hotels will join us at the beginning of March to help us run the hotel. Sharon will be joining us at the same time and also comes with extensive experience in hospitality. Also this month we are joined by Kirsty who will bring a youthful vibe to our team.
We are truly excited for the forthcoming season and hope you will join us and share the wonderful experience we strive to offer.
John & Elleke Ross